What are the restrictions to cross CBX?
CBX is a lawful border crossing operated in accordance with federal policies and procedures of the United States and Mexico. Fully vaccinated, non-U.S. citizen travelers with appropriate documentation, including those with B1/B2 visas, are permitted to enter the United States for non-essential travel through CBX. Travelers will need to verbally attest to their vaccination status and may be required to present a vaccination record as outlined on the CDC website (FDA approved or WHO emergency list vaccines). Travelers ages 17 and under are exempt from the vaccination requirement but should be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult. For more information visit: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/fact-sheet-guidance-travelers-enter-us-land-ports-entry-and-ferry-terminals.
Our janitorial staff is utilizing high-grade disinfectant throughout the terminal with an emphasis on high touch areas to protect travelers from infection at CBX. Hand sanitizer stations are also readily available throughout the terminal along with disinfectant wipes.
Our commitment to the safety of our passengers, guests and staff will continue to be our top priority. We thank you for your trust as we navigate through these unfortunate circumstances.
Please refer to the following websites for more information on this developing topic:
- Department of Homeland Security, Notification of Temporary Travel Restrictions, click here.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, click here.
- San Diego County coronavirus information, click here.
- Tijuana International Airport, click here.
Traveling through CBX
For information on your flight, cancellations or rerouting, please contact your airline directly.
Do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
CBX Shuttle Service
Our shuttle service continues to operate the following routes:
LOS ANGELES, to Santa Ana, Anaheim, Huntington Park and downtown Los Angeles.
SAN DIEGO, to Santa Fe Depot and Car Rental Center.
SAN YSIDRO, to Las Americas Outlets and San Ysidro Transportation Center.
POMONA, with stops including Temecula, Riverside and Pomona.
SACRAMENTO, with stops including Bakersfield, Fresno, and Sacramento.